Download the Full Job Description here.
*Previous Applicants Within the Last 12 Months Need Not Apply*
To support the Community Cwtch Manager and staff team in providing high quality child and family support within a positive, safe and happy environment.
To help plan, provide and take part in activities to stimulate and support children’s educational, physical, social, language, emotional and play development.
1. To deliver a range of play opportunities, in a variety of settings, in accordance with legislation, and Faith in Families policies and procedures and good practice guidelines.
2. To support a culture of excellence in play within the area through innovation, organisation, monitoring and review.
3. To lead by example.
4. To use play as a medium for supporting relationships and developing self-confidence, which will enable them to respond to the issues affecting them.
5. To assist in the development of models of participation to enable children’s voices to be heard in the evaluation and decision making process.
6. To work as a member of the Faith in Families team, towards the achievement of our goals and targets alongside partner organisations and the local authority in supporting children and families in need.
7. To store and share information appropriately with regard for confidentiality and safe practice
8. To assist in the process of strengthening and developing voluntary and community groups to provide better quality services for children and their families.
9. To ensure any child protection concerns are recorded and reported in accordance with Faith in Families Safeguarding Procedures.
10. Help care for equipment to comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
11. With the management team, be responsible for Health and Safety both on and off site.
· This post is subject to an Enhanced level of disclosure. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) has been introduced as a result of Part V of the Police Act, 1997, and will replace the current system of police checking. This will be applied for through the relevant disclosure body.
· Achieve the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and families who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or family.
· To promote equality, inclusion, respect, fairness and diversity in all areas of planning and service delivery.
· To commit to Faith in Families core aim of ‘keeping the child at the centre’, and to promote and incorporate Participation as appropriate to your role.
· To be familiar with and comply with the Health, Safety and Welfare policies for Faith in Families and its Projects. In the event of any serious risk, take immediate action to reduce this risk and inform line management.
· Faith in Families operates within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change. Management reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job purpose and accountabilities. It is essential therefore that it should be regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs can be met.
· Such other duties that occasionally arise, which fall within the purpose of the post.
· To work cross functionally with other departments to ensure that Faith in Families Values and strategic objectives are achieved.
The post holder will be expected to continuously develop in their role. The job description is indicative of the current duties and responsibilities of the post holder, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational development.
Download the Full Person Specification here.
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or Equivalent
- Child Development
- Child Protection
- Working with Children aged 0-11 years
- Working as a member of a team
- Understanding of what is meant by the term Play and the ability to translate this into sound working practice
- Understanding of the issues that families in deprived areas face
- Direct work with children
- Effective communication skills
- Able to communicate in an appropriate manner to all children within the specified age range and their parents and carers
- Open and non- judgmental attitude
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Understanding of the issues relating to safeguarding of children
- Ability to observe children’s play and learning and to use observations to plan to meet the learning styles of the individual children
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Faith in Families equal opportunities policy in respect of service delivery, and an awareness of the needs of differing cultural groups and other minority groups and the practical application of equal opportunities within a play/daycare setting
- An understanding of an integrated and inclusive play environment and a willingness to work with all the children regardless of ability
- Commitment to working openly and in partnership with families
- Willingness to undertake other duties as requested in line with level of responsibility
Across Our Community Cwtch's in Swansea.
Bonymaen Community Cwtch, 122 Mansel RD, SA1 7JR.
Clase Community Cwtch, 1-3 Beaconsview Rd, SA6 7HJ.
Teilo's Community Cwtch, 62 Cheriton Crescent, SA5 5LA.